This blog site focuses on cards and projects utilizing materials and tools from various scrapbooking and paper craft companies.
If you are interested in cards and projects made with rubber stamps from various companies, please check out my other blog site "Stampin' Inspirations".


Come and join the Christmas Group Site on Paper Craft Planet
Click on the banner below


Monday, November 20, 2006

Lazy Stamper

I consider myself a lazy stamper. I'm not big on technique. I make cards with very little focus on the technique. . .it's whatever comes to mind. I have difficulties following instructions and I have very little patience for them so I tend to do what I want. Besides, creativity should come from within and your willingness to explore on your own.

Interestingly, I've created cards and people would ask me what technique I used and I'll say "what technique?" or they'll say "oh, you used so and so technique". . .I'm like, "wow, really". . .I thought it was something I did all on my own. . .I didn't know someone already claimed the technique and actually named it. Oh, well.

I've seen many cards using various techniques and I love them but I just can't get myself to take the time to read up on whatever techniques were used. I'm sure if I did, I could create very beautiful cards. I think for the new year, I'll work on techniques and create one card a week using a different technique each time.

No comments: