This blog site focuses on cards and projects utilizing materials and tools from various scrapbooking and paper craft companies.
If you are interested in cards and projects made with rubber stamps from various companies, please check out my other blog site "Stampin' Inspirations".


Come and join the Christmas Group Site on Paper Craft Planet
Click on the banner below


Friday, November 03, 2006

Rubber Stamping

I can't believe I've been rubber stamping for 3 years now. I rubber stamp daily for several hours a day. I wake up wanting to create something. I've never had passion for something like I do with rubber stamping and making cards. I believe it's my escape, a form of therapy to cope with stressful periods and at times I simply do it to keep me from being bored. I wonder if other people nutty as I am about this craft do it for the same reasons.

Until a year ago, I thought I was the only one who was this obsessed about rubber stamping. After looking through several websites, I realize I'm not the only one and that there are others who are more obsessed than I am and have been doing this for longer than I have.

I've come to realize that I have so much more to learn and that I need to put in more effort in my cards. I've seen so many beautiful cards and they have motivated me to work harder on my cards. I've always rejected the idea of looking at other people's cards because I feel that taking ideas from others will mean I don't "own" my design. I need to be more open to the idea that learning from others don't mean that I'm not creative.

I'll end it here for now. I need to upload a few pictures of cards I've made so that I can post it on my blog site.

Until later. . .

No comments: