This blog site focuses on cards and projects utilizing materials and tools from various scrapbooking and paper craft companies.
If you are interested in cards and projects made with rubber stamps from various companies, please check out my other blog site "Stampin' Inspirations".


Come and join the Christmas Group Site on Paper Craft Planet
Click on the banner below


Sunday, November 19, 2006

Using Scrapbook Pieces to Enhance a Card Design





The snowflakes are scrapbook pieces by Jolee's Boutique. I sometimes add scrapbook pieces to enhance my cards. The trouble with scrapbook pieces is that it can be an expensive addition to the cost in making a card. If it works, I say add them but it's not worth buying a scrapbook piece that cost more than $2.00. I believe the beauty of creating handmade cards are that they cost less overall in materials than store sold cards and they are unique and one-of-a-kind. When you start to add expensive scrapbook pieces, then it's no longer worth the cost. Jolee's carry a wide variety of scrapbook pieces that appear "handmade" - no one will know that you didn't make the pieces yourself.

For those interested, the stamp is Stampabilities Snowman Marshmallow.

1 comment:

Sonya said...

Wow I love this card. I really love the edge along the darker blue paper. What did you use to get that edge? beautiful job!

Sonya