This blog site focuses on cards and projects utilizing materials and tools from various scrapbooking and paper craft companies.
If you are interested in cards and projects made with rubber stamps from various companies, please check out my other blog site "Stampin' Inspirations".


Come and join the Christmas Group Site on Paper Craft Planet
Click on the banner below


Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Vintage Christmas







Vingtage designed Christmas cards are a great variation from the traditional colors of Christmas. Vintage and distressed designed cards are very popular at this time. . .many card makers are really into the old aged appearance of cards.

Although it's popular with cardmakers, I'm not sure if it is for card buyers. Many don't like the non-traditional colored Christmas cards. The regular red, green, blue, and gold colored cards, I find sell faster than my purple, pink, and olive colored cards. I'm not sure if it's because the non-traditional colored cards are difficult to match with wrapping paper and such.

The patterened paper I used with these cards are made by Provocraft. Provocraft have recently bought into the vintage craze and have been selling scrapbook papers that appears distressed or victorian.

I love it personally. The vintage card designs are targeted more for adults than it is for children. But. . .adults, just as much as children, enjoy receiving cards as well, so why not?

1 comment:

Sonya said...

Wow I love these cards! the colors,designs, the stamps you used all work together perfectly. Great Job!

Sonya