This blog site focuses on cards and projects utilizing materials and tools from various scrapbooking and paper craft companies.
If you are interested in cards and projects made with rubber stamps from various companies, please check out my other blog site "Stampin' Inspirations".


Come and join the Christmas Group Site on Paper Craft Planet
Click on the banner below


Friday, December 01, 2006

Cracked Glass Technique

I tested out this technique. A fellow stamper told me that when she did it, the embossing powder flew all over the place and she was right. Luckily I had an tray to help prevent the embossing powder from flying out too badly. I found that if holding a paper at the opposite side of the embossing tool using a tray, when heating up the image, the stray embossing powder bounced on to the paper and fell back on the tray.


The picture cannot capture the shiny cracked glass appearance of the background. That's too bad. . .take my word for it, it's really cool.





Click on the post title for the instructions for this particular technique. The difficulty level for this technique from 1 to 5, I would say a 2. It's actually not difficult. . .it's similar to regular embossing but UTEE thick embossing powder is used rather than regular embossing powder.

I'll write an instruction for the snowflake later when I have the time. If you don't have a particular color of embossing powder or pigment ink and would like to recreate a particular color, there's a way to do it without having to buy additional embossing powder. I'll explain later.

No comments: