This blog site focuses on cards and projects utilizing materials and tools from various scrapbooking and paper craft companies.
If you are interested in cards and projects made with rubber stamps from various companies, please check out my other blog site "Stampin' Inspirations".


Come and join the Christmas Group Site on Paper Craft Planet
Click on the banner below


Sunday, February 04, 2007

Random Card - Another one colored with pencils

Just two cards I made using colored pencils again. I don't use pencils often because it's a bit more time consuming than using watercolors or pastels. The benefit of using pencils is when coloring detailed images, the result is a cleaner and more controlled application of the medium. Watercolor and pastels don't allow the same control when coloring. The disadvantage is that it does take much longer to color a larger image when using pencils. When I have the patience, I like to use pencils.

I was going to type out the details of these cards but this is an indication of how unorganized I am. I made these cards last night and now I don't know where I put the stamp so I can't tell you who makes this cute stamp. Shucks.

I'll write the detail when I find the stamp. There's no particular technique with these cards - just coloring with pencils.

The paper daisies were made by Making memories, the scrapbook paper by DCWV, cardstock by Stampin Up, ribbons by American Craft Elements and edge shaper by Kraft Edgers.




2 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

Pretty cards Maria...love the DP and colors you chose!

Emily said...

How do you color with pencils and make it look like that? Why don't you have lines? What's the trick that I'm missing???? I don't get how it gets so smudgy looking, not like a kid with colored pencil lines all across the picture. Help!!

BTW - very nice job! I really love your cards.