This blog site focuses on cards and projects utilizing materials and tools from various scrapbooking and paper craft companies.
If you are interested in cards and projects made with rubber stamps from various companies, please check out my other blog site "Stampin' Inspirations".


Come and join the Christmas Group Site on Paper Craft Planet
Click on the banner below


Monday, March 19, 2007

Daily Special - Anything But Cards - 4x6" Chipboard Scrapbook Album


Today's Daily Special is "Anything But Cards" and I decided to create a mini scrapbook album using 4 x 6" chipboard. I am happy to tell y'all that I woke up with a clear head after over a week of being stuffed up and battling a cold. I feel free. Ha! I know I'm being silly but I really couldn't work on anything this whole week and it just feels good to be able to.

Back to the scrapbook album. I created this mini scrapbook album using (5) 4 x 6" chipboards. I covered the chipboards with scrapbook papers with a "Spring Theme". The scrapbook papers are made by DCWV - Spring Value Pack. I always buy value packs because of the variety and the cost. I never ever buy individual scrapbook paper. It's just way too expensive and I can't see myself cutting them up knowing the cost.

I punched a hole at the left corner and used a leaf binder ring to hold the scrapbook album together. To create the design of each page, I used scrapbook embellishments and rubber stamps.

It's funny because I actually finished this scrapbook album in a few hours and considering there's a total of 9 complete pages plus the back, I finished it pretty quickly. I find it interesting because if I was creating cards, I would have made 9 of them in a few hours. I've never completed 9 cards in a few hours - it would probably take me two days to complete 9 cards. Why does it take me so long to make a card and only a few hours to make 9 full pages of a scrapbook album? It doesn't make sense to me. I wonder if other stampers find themselves in this situation?













Anyway, it feels great to be back! I hope to be back to making all sorts of projects now that I'm almost back to normal!!
Until later. . .


1 comment:

doverdi said...

I love your chipboard album. I love making the mini albums as they are so much fun. I also find I can do them quicker than the cards. Just curious though...where do you get the chipboard? Is it also sold in sheets?