This blog site focuses on cards and projects utilizing materials and tools from various scrapbooking and paper craft companies.
If you are interested in cards and projects made with rubber stamps from various companies, please check out my other blog site "Stampin' Inspirations".


Come and join the Christmas Group Site on Paper Craft Planet
Click on the banner below


Saturday, March 10, 2007

Random Card - Enhance Your Card Design With Tools


There are a few elements to the card that I want to point out. When I create my cards, I like to use different tools to "dress" up the card a little. I embossed the scrapbook paper background with the Cuttlebug folder to give the paper a bit of texture. I then took a sponge and inked it and dabbed the embossed parts to allow the embossed areas to stand out a bit. Otherwise, the embossed areas get sort of lost into the scrapbook pattern and you can't see it.

To create a 3D effect on the flower, I rubber stamped the image twice and colored in one of them and cut out the flower and the leaves. I then remounted them on to the other stamped image using foam tape to give them a 3D effect. I then outlined the flower using Sakura "Souffle" 3D Opaque pen. You can't really tell by the picture but the flowers and leaves are raised up and very 3D.

Punches such as circle, oval, and label punches are great additions to embellish a card. In this case I used Stampin' Up Round Tab Punch.

I know doing these little things are time consuming but I think the end results are worth it. Unfortunately, many people don't have the time to sit and make more complex cards. I'm lucky that I do. . .

Car detail:

Stamp: CTMH Awesome Spring Blossoms, Stampin' Up Everyday Flexible Phrases
Paper: DCWV scrapbook paper, Stampin Up Positively Pink, Bravo Burgundy, Old Olive
Ink: Positively Pink mixed with Lumiere and water, Sakura 3D Opaque pen, Metal star charm, silver metallic cord
Accessories: Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, Metal Charm, Silver Metallic Cord, Stampin Up Round Tab Punch

Click Here for the product reveiw on the Sakura Souffle 3D Opaque pen that I did a few days ago. I'm beginning to really love this pen.

Here is the sketch challenge for this card



Until later

1 comment:

Pam Speidel said...

I love this card! It's true that all the extra detail you've added has made it an over-the-top exceptional card! WOW!