This blog site focuses on cards and projects utilizing materials and tools from various scrapbooking and paper craft companies.
If you are interested in cards and projects made with rubber stamps from various companies, please check out my other blog site "Stampin' Inspirations".


Come and join the Christmas Group Site on Paper Craft Planet
Click on the banner below


Thursday, March 15, 2007

Random Cards - CTMH Stamps - Prismacolor Pencils and Gamsol



I did not post anything for the past few days because I've been sick with a cold. I feel a little normal today. I'm not very good at being sick. I'm always surprised when people are still able to function when they have a cold. I'm not that way at all. Personally, life stops for me when I have a cold or when I'm not feeling well.

Now on to the subject of rubber stamping. I know. . .there's a lot going on with the card I created. This is what happens when you can't seem to make a card design work. . .you just keep adding elements in hopes it will work out in the end. I'm not sure it did in this case. Anyway, I tried. . .I wasn't going to blog this card but why waste it, right? Anyway, I colored the image using Prismacolor Pencils and Gamsol. Click here for the tutorial.

For those of you who have not purchased Prismacolor Pencils. . .well. . .they're expensive. I've used other colored pencils and they work well with Gamsol, therefore, it's not necessary to purchase expensive pencils. There is a slight difference in the vibrancy and boldness of the colors but in the end, with a little bit more extra coloring, you can achieve the same vibrant colors of Prismacolor Pencils with regular color pencils. If you don't mind spending double the amount for Prismacolor Pencils, then I would recommend them but if you don't plan to use the pencils regularly, then it may be something that you may not want to invest a good chunk of your money on.

Card Detail:

Stamp: Close to My Heart
Paper: Stampin Up Orchid Opulence, Lovely Lilac, Provocraft Scrapbook Paper
Ink: Prismacolor Pencils, Lovely Lilac
Accessories: Fiskar scallop template, Grosgrain ribbon, Card Connection Charm, Making Memories Paper Daisy, Large Circle Brad, Organdy ribbon, Silver metallic Cord
Technique: Prismacolor Pencils with Gamsol


Try this sketch challenge:





It must be the stamp because again, I added all sort of stuff to dress up this card. Some stampers like busy cards, I tend to not like my cards too busy. Again, like the first card a lot of stuff are going on with this card. Sometimes you just need to stop at two or three design concepts but I just kept going.

Card Detail:

Stamp: Close to My Heart Stamp
Ink: Prismacolor Pencils, Stampin Up Bravo Burgundy
Paper: Stampin Up Cameo Coral, Orange (Unknown brand), DCWV scrapbook paper
Accessories: Dashes, Dots & Checks ribbon, Stampin Up Wrought Iron Corner Slot, Fiskar Scallop template





2 comments:

Jackie said...

I'm sorry you are feeling bad and hope you are better very soon! I love these cards, you are so good with the Prismacolor pencils. Is the Fiskars scallop template that you used on the edge of one of the circle or oval templates for the Shape Cutter? It makes such a pretty scallop.

Allison Rankin said...

Super cards and super sketches...I really got to get my act together and do one soon!