This blog site focuses on cards and projects utilizing materials and tools from various scrapbooking and paper craft companies.
If you are interested in cards and projects made with rubber stamps from various companies, please check out my other blog site "Stampin' Inspirations".


Come and join the Christmas Group Site on Paper Craft Planet
Click on the banner below


Saturday, April 14, 2007

Daily Special - Featured Stamp - Stamps Happen - Dolly Mama

Haha! I love this stamp. You can't see it but her purse says "It's Official, I've become my mother". I found a scrapbook paper that matches her dress. Nothing much to this card but just coloring. I used prismacolor pencils with gamsol and markers to color in the patterns. I feel pencils work best for fine details. Other mediums can't color fine detailed stamps as well as pencils. I use markers for outlining and very fine details. I also use markers for watercoloring but I have watercolor pencils so I don't use them often for that purpose.

I know the card below is a little bright but the card calls for "loud". Well, as you can see the colors are definitely loud. Soft colors would definitely not work for this card.



Lately, I've been feeling a little bored with rubber stamping. I believe I've made at least a thousand cards since I started rubber stamping. I'm not big on techniques. . .I just do whatever is easy to do and try to come up with something that I'm happy with. I think I'm going to start to play around with a few techniques. . .just to get out of this bored state I'm in.

I'm not going to write the details on the card because the pictures are sort of self-explanatory but I will tell you that the stamp is by Stamps Happen - Dolly Mama series. I love this series because they're funny and a bit wacky.

Anyway, here are the sketches.



Until later. . .

1 comment:

Bonnie Weiss said...

Who wouldn't laugh if they got one of those cards, Maria?! They are hilarious and yet beautifully finished. I admire that you are a very versatile stamper. I can't wait to see what you create next!