This blog site focuses on cards and projects utilizing materials and tools from various scrapbooking and paper craft companies.
If you are interested in cards and projects made with rubber stamps from various companies, please check out my other blog site "Stampin' Inspirations".


Come and join the Christmas Group Site on Paper Craft Planet
Click on the banner below


Friday, April 20, 2007

Daily Special - Featured Stamps - Autumn Leaves Clear Stamps

Today's Daily Special is to showcase a "Featured Stamp", in this case a brand of stamps. A few weeks ago, I came across a bunch of clear stamps at JoAnn in the $1 racks. The stamps were by Autumn Leaves and I thought they were just some obscure stamp company.

Last week, I went over to Target and I saw sets of Autumn Leaves clear stamps and realized the stamp designs were beautiful and reasonably priced. I then looked through the Internet and realized that Autumn Leaves have a whole line of rubber stamps and scrapbook papers and embellishments.

The Autumn Leaves stamp designs tend to be more on the "doodle" type of designs and I absolutely LOVE them! I want to buy all their sets! Seriously, I do. Unfortunately, I sort of splurged on so many other stuff the past few days and I need to wait a bit before I can buy the stamps. Check out Autumn Leaves online and you'll see that their stamp designs are very "in". Doodle designs are quite popular right now.

I bought 2 sets of stamps at Target (shown above) and they were $9.99 each. I mean for the design of stamps and the amount of stamps in each set, WOW. . .that's a deal! I'll be making a few cards in the next few days using the stamps that I recently purchased.

This card was created by rubber stamping the image on to white cardstock, then I colored it with my brand new Prismacolor Markers that I bought yesterday (see yesterday's post) and cut out the image! I then restamped the image on to scrapbook paper and cut out the center part of the image and mounted it on to the flower using foam tape. I matted the flower on to a light blue cardstock and cut around the flower. I arranged the flowers in a way to give them a multi-dimensional appearance meaning the bottom flower is flushed against the base, the second flower raised slightly and the third raised above the second flower all with the use of foam tape.

Card Detail:

Stamps: Autumn Leaves Flowers Stamp set, River City Rubber - Congratulations

Paper: Blue and light blue cardstock (brand unknown), DCWV Pocket Full of Posies scrapbook paper

Ink: Prismacolor Premiere Art Markers, Tim Holtz Distress Ink Weathered Wood, and Stampin Up Brilliant Blue

Accessories: Basic Basic ribbon, Stampin Up blue hemp cord, Colorbok metal embellishment

Here is the sketch for this card:




1 comment:

Heather said...

I love the stamps you bought! You have excellent taste. I am in no way connected to Autumn Leaves- I just like their stamps like you!