This blog site focuses on cards and projects utilizing materials and tools from various scrapbooking and paper craft companies.
If you are interested in cards and projects made with rubber stamps from various companies, please check out my other blog site "Stampin' Inspirations".


Come and join the Christmas Group Site on Paper Craft Planet
Click on the banner below


Friday, April 27, 2007

Random Card - Mixed Media Card

I know, I know. . .you're saying "dang, that's a humongous flower". Yeah, it is. About 3 months ago I bought a box of silk flowers at JoAnn . .why? Well, because you know it. . .it was on sale. I used one of the flowers and the box went into a drawer never to be seen again. Well. . .like a crazy nut, I went over to Target yesterday and bought another container of paper daisies. How stupid is that? Anyway, I decided in order to justify what I bought yesterday, I needed to use up the flowers I bought 3 months ago. Now you can understand why the last 2 posts were cards decorated with the silk flowers.

I wanted to explain why I called this card a mixed media card. First of all, there's a lot things going on with this card although it may not seem like it. I took a piece of textured Bazzil cardstock and painted it with white acrylic paint sort of to give it a shabby chic distressed appearance and to also give it a bit more texture. I then distressed the edge with a cardstock distresser. I did a review on it a while ago. . it's a product made by Heidi Swapp. Great stuff by the way. I'll link the post later. The edge of the background paper was shaded or shadowed by scraping Stampin Up Baroque Burgundy ink with a sponge.

The sentiment is by Hero Arts and it was heat embossed with an off white embossing powder. I don't know who is the maker of the big a** flower because I threw away the label. The ribbon is a ribbon I bought at Michaels - Dashes, Dots & Checks, the butterfly is by Card Connection, and the button by JoAnn Essentials. The scrapbook paper is by DCWV Value Pack and the cardstock used are black and a white speckled cardstock by Stampin UP.

Don't forget to scroll down for the sketch. The big circle represents anything you want. . .an image, a flower, whatever. . .



Until later. . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do enjoy subscribing to your blog. You are a very talented lady. I love this card. The big red flower is so nice with the black. Truly my style!