This blog site focuses on cards and projects utilizing materials and tools from various scrapbooking and paper craft companies.
If you are interested in cards and projects made with rubber stamps from various companies, please check out my other blog site "Stampin' Inspirations".


Come and join the Christmas Group Site on Paper Craft Planet
Click on the banner below


Friday, June 01, 2007

Daily Special - Featured Stamp - Hero Arts

Today's Daily Special is "Featured Stamp" and today's stamps are from Hero Arts. The flower stamps are from the "Fashion Blooms" set and it comes with 4 flowers. I love Hero Arts stamps but they can be pricey. Considering there's now so many stamp companies to choose from. . .well, I haven't bought too many Hero Arts stamps lately.

I watercolored the images, each flower with two different colors using Stampin Up Watercolor Crayons. I, initially, didn't care to buy the crayons because I already had the pencils but decided that's the only medium I didn't have so I bought them about a month ago. Well . . I must say I love them. They're softer than pencils so they are easier to blend than the watercolor pencils. Because of it's soft consistency, it's easy to blend various colors together.

The 1st card was inspired by a sketch that Gabby created. She's the group manager for "Handmade Cards With Love". . .a card-making group that I'm a member of. The group is quite small right now and Gabby is looking to expand the group. Why don't you drop by the group site and join if you are interested. The ladies there are really nice. If you want to take a look at the sketch, visit the site and join in.

The double sided paper I used to create both cards are from K&Co. . the same pack that I'm giving away for the blog candy. No. . .I'm not using the one that I'm giving away. . .I bought my own pack.

To decorate the edges, I used Fiskar "Cloud" Scissors. . .it's an awesome scissors to create scallop edges. It's one of my favorite scissors. For both cards, I cut out the flowers and applied Stickles Glitter on top of it.

Not much else to the card. . .ummm. . .oh, the color combo for the first card is Rose Red and Sage Shadow and the second card is Rose Red, Old Olive, and a beige colored cardstock. To embellish the flower I glued rhinestones from Darice. Darice rhinestones are very cheap by comparison to others and they come in varied sizes. I bought several packs from JoAnn.







Until later. . .the blog candy is still progress so feel free to submit your card or project. Click here for the details

No comments: