This blog site focuses on cards and projects utilizing materials and tools from various scrapbooking and paper craft companies.
If you are interested in cards and projects made with rubber stamps from various companies, please check out my other blog site "Stampin' Inspirations".


Come and join the Christmas Group Site on Paper Craft Planet
Click on the banner below


Thursday, June 07, 2007

Daily Special - Featured Stamp - Magenta Stamp

Good Evening Everyone. . .wow, I can't believe it's 9:15 already. Before I start. . .don't forget to stop by Stampin Inspirations and check out the ATC Holder I created. I'm going to post a tutorial tomorrow on this project so be sure to check it out, okay!

We just came home from BJs (a hip sports bar/restaurant) It has TV screens all over and big screem at the center above the bar area. Boy it was crowded. Temecula is a town where everyone seem to eat out every night. The restaurants are always full even on the weekdays and there are a lot of restaurants all over the place.

We had fun hanging out! I ate a big fat steak with a big fat baked potato. I've never seen a potato that large. I'm not big on baked potato so I wasn't too impressed with it. . .I'm a rice girl. People in Hawaii eat rice and I mean with every meal, breakfast, lunch, dinner, and even as a snack.

Okay now on to the Featured Stamp. The stamp is by Magenta. Ever heard of Magenta stamps? Their stamps are really unique. . .the designs are elegant and sort of artsy-fartsy. They're great for repeat or sequence stamping (stamping in a row horizontally, vertically, or diagonally). I have a few of their stamps. I seen samples of what you can do with Magenta stamps and I'm beginning to really like them and may buy a few more in the future.

It may look like I just colored in the image with watercolor or something like that but I basically used the Poppin Pastel Technique to color in the image. Rather than stamping with Versamark, I instead heat embossed the image with black embossing powder then applied Versamark all over the image and with a cotton ball dabbed the various colors using Pebbles, Inc. Pearlescent Chalk. The result was similar to Pearl Ex but in a more subtle way. After I was done, I sprayed the image with a fixative to keep the chalk from rubbing off.

Card #1 Detail"

Stamps: Magenta 23566J and Hero Arts sentiments
Paper: Brilliant Blue, Ballet Blue, K&Co Designer Paper
Ink: Pebbles Pearlescent Chalking Set, Versamark ink
Accessories: Organdy ribbon, 1" & 1 1/4" circle punches, black embossing powder, Stampin Up Blue Hemp ribbon




The color combo on this second card was inspired by the designer paper. I really liked the DP pattern but not necessarily the color combo. I'm not a big fan of "oranges" and "yellows" but in this case I used Cameo Coral and Summer Sun and it came out okay. I used the same technique to color the image as described with the first card.

Card #2 Details:

Stamp: Magenta 23566J, Stampin Up Amazing to Zany
Paper: Cameo Coral, Summer Sun, K&Co Designer Paper
Ink: Pebbles Pearlescent Chalking Set, Versamark
Accessories: JoAnn brads, Organdy Ribbon, Hemp Cord








2 comments:

Pegg S said...

Gorgeous cards! Thanks for sharing them-- and I am so excited that you featured Magenta stamps. I've been wanting to see stampers use these. On SCS, stamps like these don't get mentioned much. I love to see new stamps -- because I don't have any good rubber stamping/scrapbook stores near me and the ACM, M's, and J's never have stamps like these!

Cathy said...

Love the colours you have used in both of these Magenta cards - especially the orange!
I don't own any Magenta stamps, but will be on the lookout for them now.