This blog site focuses on cards and projects utilizing materials and tools from various scrapbooking and paper craft companies.
If you are interested in cards and projects made with rubber stamps from various companies, please check out my other blog site "Stampin' Inspirations".


Come and join the Christmas Group Site on Paper Craft Planet
Click on the banner below


Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Random Cards - More and More Cards - I'm on the Roll. . .



These are cards I made a few days ago but didn't post. I didn't want my posts to be redundant considering I posted a few cards using "My Favorite Things" stamp set a couple days ago. This set is called "Say Charge". I love the "girlfriend" stamp sets they have. I colored the images using Prismacolor Pencils and Gamsol. With the card above, I glued micro-beads to the bags just to give it a little bit of a bling-bling. Nothing much else to say about the card. The cardstock is by Colorbok, the cardstock is SU Green Galore and a light blue cardstock (brand unknown). The ribbon is by Basic Basic.



Ths card again was colored with Prismacolor Pencils and Gamsol. The color combo is SU Cool Caribbean, Pink Passion, and I believe, Close to Cocoa (not sure). I used the Cuttlebug Embossing Folder to emboss the flower background and the Fiskar "Cloud" Scissors for the scalloped edge.

I know a lot of people don't "read" what I write but if you are reading up this point, thank you. I have a question. . .do you think my sketches are too busy? You know, too much going on? Just wondering if they're too complicated to be worth trying out? Let me know. . .if it's too busy, I'll try to do simpler ones in between. Personally, I sometimes like making busy layouts because it's sort of fun to see how many different ways you can put a card together. I've made so many of them that I constantly need to find ways to fit the puzzle together and sometimes the busier ones are my way to challenge myself. Anyhow. . .I'd appreciate your input!!










6 comments:

michelle sturgeon said...

I love the MFS sets! You do such a great job with colouring!

Tee said...

The cards are busy, but that's what makes me want to break my head and wonder, what color combo can i use. If it was a simple layout, you wouldn't be challanged. so i guess these are good, though i do tend to omit a few embellishments, when i make them. But i like the sketches all the same.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

You are so awesome, Maria. I have this same stamp and these are by the far the best cards I have seen using this set yet!

Laura Evangeline said...

I love your layouts!

Debra said...

I love the cards you make! No matter what they are, they end up looking very polished and professional, and you make the directions very easy.

Anonymous said...

I love your sketches (not to mention the cards)Maria....busy or not. I think I feel "not too happy" with my outcome when I use your sketches because I expect too much on myself I guess...lol. I do have to challenge myself with your sketches though, I like simple cards, but looking at your cards I want to push myself for something more "BANG"! I need to step out of my box once in a while! ;) Love your work.....BTW, I may not comment as much, but i do try to read your blogs as often as I can because you my lady, inspire me! It's a JOY having you in our little but loving group!