This blog site focuses on cards and projects utilizing materials and tools from various scrapbooking and paper craft companies.
If you are interested in cards and projects made with rubber stamps from various companies, please check out my other blog site "Stampin' Inspirations".


Come and join the Christmas Group Site on Paper Craft Planet
Click on the banner below


Saturday, June 23, 2007

TIC Day #1- Jus' Random Submissions from Me

**UPDATE**


This is another card I made using "scraps". The square shape background was made with cardboard (from a box) cut into a square and I covered it with scrapbook paper. It actually looks like chipboard.

The sentiment embellishment was something I made 3 years ago and stuffed into a bag and never used. I printed "Celebrate Today" on a piece of scrapbook paper, sewed on organdy ribbon over it using a zig-zag stitch and cut the edge with Fiskar's "zig-zag" scissors.

The flower is a die-cut that I cut with my Craft Robo and paper pieced the stems and leaf. I also cut the scallop circle with my Craft Robo. The small flower is an embellishment by Jolee's by You which by the way was sticking to the side of a plastic bag that I had stuffed into a container. The DP is by Colorbok and the ribbon is by American Craft Elements!!

This card satisfies my TIC because it has 7 layers including the stitches.

Check out the card below. . .it's another card I made with "scraps".



*****************************************

Hey Everyone. . .2 more days left for the TIC Day #1 Challenge - 5 Layers Minimum. It's great to see the different cards sent to me that had 5 layers or more! They are all fabulous. Thank you to those who decided to participate. Scroll down to the previous post to view the different cards submitted for this challenge!

This is one that I made to challenge myself too. This card was a REAL challenge for me because this card was created using remnants of stuff I had . . .you know, almost like scraps that I had in a bag of just that. . . "stuff". My goal was to create a card using 3 items from this bag (the tag, butterfly, and fibers). Well, this is what I came up with. It actually took less than 15 minutes to make. I sorta just slapped things together - like a puzzle. I think it came out okay. . .

This card has 7 layers so it meets the 5 layers minimum.


No comments: