This blog site focuses on cards and projects utilizing materials and tools from various scrapbooking and paper craft companies.
If you are interested in cards and projects made with rubber stamps from various companies, please check out my other blog site "Stampin' Inspirations".


Come and join the Christmas Group Site on Paper Craft Planet
Click on the banner below


Saturday, June 30, 2007

TIC Day #2 - Three Way Baby! Ideas and Submissions

Good Afternoon Everyone! Sorry about my whining on my previous post. My husband is right, we shouldn't rush into paying the cruise just because the travel agency says we have to. We decided, because everything is sort of rushed and last minute, that we'll take the cruise in April instead when the kids are on their spring break. We'll head to Seattle
instead and visit WA state. I've never been to Seattle so it'll be a nice vacation. I shouldn't feel bad considering we just went on a trip to Washington D.C. a few months ago. I'm luckier than a lot of people. Many don't have the time or resources to go on vacations so I shouldn't be complaining.

Anyway. . .here is a card I made this morning. I didn't do much stamping today and won't probably get to do any until late tonight. We're planning to BBQ in our backyard and just hang out.



This card is a tri-fold card with a window. I made this card for Jen's Sketch Challenge at "Pieces of Me". She has a 10K Challenge going on as well and you still have time to participate in that one. Today is the last day for submissions for the sketch challenge but I think I still have time to squeeze this one in.

I started off initially not knowing what to create but I sort of played around with a few embellishments to see how it would look and I decided that the big prima flower fits into the theme. There was no rubber stamping with this card. I printed the sentiment from my computer because I didn't have a "summer" sentiment.

The card opens up to the second panel. The second panel is a half panel. I decorated the panel with the same DP as the front and added the sentiment and ribbon. The sentiment shows through the window of the front.


Card Details:
Paper: SU Summer Fun, DCWV Scrapbook paper
Accessories: Target Prima Flower, Making Memories chipboard button and butterfly, Ribbon (unknown), SU wireworks















This is the card completely opened up. I was going to add a lining but got lazy and decided to leave it the way it is.








Hey Good Morning Everyone! Hope your day is starting off good. I don't know. . .I feel a bit moody today! We had planned to go on an Alaskan Cruise in August but one of the stops with the particular cruise that we were looking at, stops in Canada.

Unfortunately, we don't have our passports. We're going down to the passport place today to see if we can expedite the application process. My husband and I talked about this cruise for months but he always seem to be undecided. Finally, he decided he wanted to go. . .I called the travel agency and the girl told me that most of the cruises were booked. She did find one that fit our requirements but it turns out, we need our passport.


My husband is always undecided about everything and unless I push things along, he doesn't make a decision. . .now, that he decides to go, we probably can't go. Another problem cropped up. . .the travel agency said that we need to secure payment today and my husband said "I don't like the idea that they're pressuring us to pay today". What's the point of going to the passport place to get our passport. . .I don't think we'll end up going anyway. I'm annoyed because I was supposed to go to the SU Convention but my husband told me that I had to choose between the Alaskan cruise or go to the SU Convention. I chose the cruise. . .well, you know how the story goes.


Anyway, on a happier note. . .

I made this "gate" card last night for my TIC. Just another idea for a tri-fold card. It opens like a gate at the center of the card. I added a sentiment to the left flap on the inside of the card.

Card Detail:

Stamp: Hampton Art Stamps "Julep Flower", SU Cute Converse (front tag), Great Impressions E410 (inside sentiment) Paper: SU Ballet Blue, Old Olive, DCWV scrapbook paper

Ink: Prismacolor Pencils, SU Watercolor crayons

4 comments:

Tee said...

Maria, just one question. Does the card get heavy or topple over coz of the many mattings on the front panel?

Little C's Creations said...

Thanks for participating again my dear. Love how you've incorporated your challenge with mines. Brilliant!!!

Hugs n' Aloha,
Jen

Karen said...

Great cards. Love the folds

Risa said...

Maria all of the cards you make are just gorgeous! I'm just getting into card making and I come here daily to see what you have made and your tutorials.