This blog site focuses on cards and projects utilizing materials and tools from various scrapbooking and paper craft companies.
If you are interested in cards and projects made with rubber stamps from various companies, please check out my other blog site "Stampin' Inspirations".


Come and join the Christmas Group Site on Paper Craft Planet
Click on the banner below


Wednesday, June 27, 2007

TIC Day #2 - Tuesday's Inspirational Challenge - Three Way Baby! (Tri-Fold Card) Submission


I'm adding my own submission for my TIC because it's also a challenge for me. It pushes me to make cards I typically am too lazy to normally create. . .:) It would be great if y'all try it out and send me a picture of your card so I can post it on my blog site. Click Here for the details of the challenge.

This is a matchbook style tri-fold card. It's still a tri-fold even if the 3rd panel does not open up. Technically, there are 3 panels. The front panel tucks into the 3rd panel which is used to keep the card closed. When opened, the inside has an insert that a personal sentiment can be written on. My card has an insert that has a stamped sentiment inside as shown below.

Card Details:

Stamps: All Night Media #460H and the sentiments are by Anna Griffith stamps.
Paper: K&Co designer paper, DCWV textured cardstock, Stampin Up Barely Banana
Ink: Prismacolor Pencils with Gamsol, Prismacolor markers
Accessories: Stickles glitter, Making Memories metal charm, organdy ribbon, flower brads (unknown)



This is the inside of the matchbook style tri-fold.









Here is the sketch for this tri-fold card.





Hello Everyone. . .This is my own submission for my TIC Day #2. I just wanted to add an idea for a tri-fold card in the case you are stumped as to what to create. On this card the left and right panel are cut into a round shape. With the right panel, I cut the edge using Fiskar "Victorian" scissors. I stamped the small flowers on the rounded edge and punched a hole through the flowers.



The stamp set used is an Anna Griffith stamp set. I stamped the image using SU Bordering Blue and Cranberry Crisp. The same color combo was also used for the cardstock.



The corners were punched with SU Ticket Corner punch and the pewter brads by Making Memories. An organdy ribbon was used as added embellishment.








Check out Stampin Inspirations for more samples as well as two cards submitted by my readers.



It would be lovely if you would send me a picture of your card. For details on my TIC. . .Click Here.


The flowers were stamped and a small punched through each flower.







The card opens up to reveal a side sentiment and an inner sentiment.









Here is the sketch for the tri-fold card!!





3 comments:

Mrs. Nancy G said...

Absolutely AMAZING! I love this card.
:-)

Unknown said...

Pearls a gift of love which she will adore and pass down the generations. Give her pearls for Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Hello there Bell,

What a beautiful cards, very creative. I love doing crafts as well. I actaully, do my own poetry bookmarks, and poetry post cards, and pocket size cards, as well, decor those gift box.

In addtion, I framed my Inspirational poems and printed and design my own graphic on my booklets.

All available on my site. I also have media of my own gift boxes I done on my blog. And my brother has some of his art work for all to see.

blog http://feondavis.blogspot.com
web site: http://www.inthearmsofgod.com

I would love some advice and creative idea everyone would love to see and maybe would purchase with incorporation of my poetry in craft.

Thank you and bless you.
Miss Davis, webmaster of In The Arms of God