This blog site focuses on cards and projects utilizing materials and tools from various scrapbooking and paper craft companies.
If you are interested in cards and projects made with rubber stamps from various companies, please check out my other blog site "Stampin' Inspirations".


Come and join the Christmas Group Site on Paper Craft Planet
Click on the banner below


Monday, July 16, 2007

Daily Special - Featured Stamp - Penny Black

I featured this stamp a couple of weeks ago. I had stamped a few images and colored them but did not use all of them. Like I said on Stampin Inspirations, I sometimes stamp images and color them but not use them right away. I usually stock them away and use them when an occasion calls for me to use them. I decided to use this image to create this card.

I love this stamp by Penny Black. This stamp is named "Hi There". It's a great stamp to color in. Like Whipper Snapper stamps, Penny Black carries a great line of outline type of stamps that you need to color in. I think this is the most fun type of stamps because you can actually feel good about the effort you've put in coloring the image.

Card Details:

Stamps: Penny Black "Hi There", My Sentiments Exactly "Friends Always"
Ink: Prismacolor Pencils with Gamsol, SU Watercolor Crayon, Lovely Lilac ink, Eggplant Envy
Paper: Green Galore, Eggplant Envy, DCWV Scrapbook paper
Accessories: American Craft Elements Ribbon, SU Crafter's Tool Kit - Paper Piercer, Darice Rhinestones




Here's the sketch for the card. I didn't fill in too much of the layout because I wanted to create a sketch that will allow you to add your own elements. Try it out!!

7 comments:

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

So adorable. Your colouring is fabulous!!

Alhambra Club said...

Too cute, love the color combo

Tracy.H said...

Wow!! Your coloring is amazing! I so love this stamp. I really need some of these cute stamps! :0)

Jan Scholl said...

another stamp for my wish list. I said I was going to bed-why didnt i?

Ila said...

Great Card!! Love your stamp and coloring!!

Little C's Creations said...

what a great idea, to stamp n' color and put on the side when needed. Then all you'd need to do is coordinate with the coloring of your stamp image right?! That totally cuts down on time. Great idea! I'm going to have to start stamping n' coloring images during my free time (when's that?!). Anyways, I love your coloring, you do a great job coloring all of your stuffs. I would love to see some landscape stamped images with your coloring... I'm sure you'd do a breath taking job!!!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Maria, thanks for your inspiration! I was about to make a thank you card for the staff at my kids swim lessons and your sketch spoke to me. Pick me! Pick me! I was just blog browsing and Wow! I'll post my card tonight on my blog and put in a link to yours, I'm waiting for the Stickles to dry... Again, thanks!