This blog site focuses on cards and projects utilizing materials and tools from various scrapbooking and paper craft companies.
If you are interested in cards and projects made with rubber stamps from various companies, please check out my other blog site "Stampin' Inspirations".


Come and join the Christmas Group Site on Paper Craft Planet
Click on the banner below


Sunday, July 01, 2007

TIC Day #2 - Three Way Baby! (Tri-Fold Card) Last Card Idea

Good Afternoon Everyone! This is the last tri-fold card idea I'll be making for my TIC. Today is the last day to submit your card to me and I will be drawing the RAK tomorrow! Thank y'all for participating. . .I hope you had as much fun as I did. I hope it helped to expanded your creativeness an extra notch. It helped me that's for sure.

This card is a "matchbook" style tri-fold card. The front panel tucks into the third panel which is held down by a ribbon wrapped around it.

Card Making Tip:

Double sided designer paper are usually thicker than regular scrapbook paper therefore it's great for using it as a card base. It provides an instant lining inside of the card. The DP I used is by K& Co.

All of the design elements on the card front are stickers by K&Co "Kurio Series". No rubber stamping involved. I added rhinestones by Darice to add a little bling to the flowers. The ribbon is by "Craft Narrows", the swirl clip is a clip that I bought at Office Depot and the edge of the third panel was cut using Fiskar's "Cloud" Scissors!




This is the card opened up. It reveals an insert to write your own sentiment. The flowers were stamped using Making Memories Foam Stamps and applied using Making Memories Acrylic Paint.
Stamping Tip:
Acrylic paint is a great way to use with foam stamps as well as a few solid designed rubber stamps. It gives the image a bit of texture, unlike dye inks that absorb into the paper fiber. Because acrylic paint don't absorb into the paper, you can stamp on to dark colored paper and still be able to retain its color. Layering colors is also possible because they don't blend into one another.

The sticker sentiment is by K& Co "Kurio" series. These stickers are found at Walmart. I haven't seen them sold at any other store.
Hope y'all are having a wonderful July 4th weekend!!

No comments: