This blog site focuses on cards and projects utilizing materials and tools from various scrapbooking and paper craft companies.
If you are interested in cards and projects made with rubber stamps from various companies, please check out my other blog site "Stampin' Inspirations".


Come and join the Christmas Group Site on Paper Craft Planet
Click on the banner below


Tuesday, August 14, 2007

TIC #7 - Tuesday's Inspirational Challenge - Altered Art - Anything But A Card

Hi Everyone! Yay! It's TIC Day #7!! You were probably wondering what happened to my challenges.. ..or maybe not. This one will be a bit of a challenge for those who primarily make cards.



Honestly, it's a challenge for me too. I have to sometimes force myself to make something other than a card. This challenge will definitely force you out of your cozy box. Are you up to the challenge? I hope so. Hopefully, some of you will be willing to try it out!


This week's challenge is "Altered Art - Anything But A Card". Yeah, the challenge is to alter something. . .a box, a notebook, a journal, a soup can, a tin container, a pen, a photo frame, a clipboard. . .anything that you can alter and create a work of art.

The rules are simple:


  • 1. Alter an item such as described above.

  • 2. Don't create the item. . .such a box or a handmade notebook using chipboards. . .the point is to "alter" something not "create" something.

  • 3. It can be any theme

  • 4. You can stamp, use embellishments, use wrapping paper, whatever

  • 5. Submit two pictures: before altered and after altered

That's it. . .

Submit your pictures via email to lbmcd66@hotmail.com or comment with a link to your blog site. Items created using Stampin' Up images or primarily SU products will posted on my "Stampin Inspirations" blog site and anything else will be posted on "Card Inspired" blog site. Please send all submissions by Sunday!!

I will draw a random winner for a prize on Monday of next week. I don't know what the prize is but I'll post it later with an update when I figure out what I'm going to give away.

And remember. . .HAVE FUN CREATING!!

This is a heart box I altered. The original state was a cardboard type of box. I modge-podged the box with designer paper and added embellishments. I gave this box to my daughter.




This is a Post-it Note holder I created. The original state was a cigarette tin container that I bought on Ebay. It took a bit of work to alter this puppy because the container had printed information on it so I had to paint the tin to cover up the prints. I Modge-Podge the top of the container as well as inside the container using designer paper. I lined the edge with ribbon and added a stamped flower to the front. Inside the container is a square Post-It Note. I gave this to one of my Stampin friends.








These containers were made out of a diced tomato and mushroom can. I save a bunch of the cans after I cook, wash it out and keep them for future us. I still have these containers. I use them to store my brushes and q-tips.



This was quite simple to make. All I did was cover the cans with scrapbook paper and added ribbons and embellishments.










This is a stenopad that I altered. I bought a bulk of stenobooks from Costco. . .they're really cheap when you purchase them at Costco. Big Lot and Walmart also sell bulk amounts of stenobooks.

Once again, I Modge-Podged scrapbook paper on to the stenobook cover and added a stamped image by Penny Black. I embellished the spiral binding with ribbons. Nothing much else to creating this altered stenobook.


I look forward to your altered art! I'm excited to see if anyone will jump in and try out this challenge.












6 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

Wow, you have been busy these are all great projects, love altering journals, they are so much fun.

Anonymous said...

Great altered items.. love the heart box... the pearls look great around the edge... the cans are so nice and very useful... TFS!
Just up-loaded this couple of minutes ago. :o)
http://stampnmad.typepad.com/mad_stamper/2007/08/treasures-of-th.html

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Wow, a woman of many talents!! Everything is so nice. When in the world do you sleep?

Leena said...

Your altered items are beautiful!! I the heart box very much! Great work Maria!

Risa said...

Hi Maria!
I can't wait to try this challenge. I will have to get busy tomorrow, just got back from out of town and I'm kind of tired. BUT..when I get up I plan on getting busy!!!!
Malieta:)

Kathi B said...

You inspired me. I made my first attempt at altered art besides a clipboard. You can check it out here:
http://stamp-maniac.blogspot.com/2007/08/altered-art-challenge.html

I hope you like it.