This blog site focuses on cards and projects utilizing materials and tools from various scrapbooking and paper craft companies.
If you are interested in cards and projects made with rubber stamps from various companies, please check out my other blog site "Stampin' Inspirations".


Come and join the Christmas Group Site on Paper Craft Planet
Click on the banner below


Friday, August 17, 2007

TIC Day #7 - Tuesday's Inspirational Challenge - Altered Art - Anything But A Card Sample

Hi Everyone! Here's another sample of something I altered for this week's challenge. If you scroll down a few days ago, I had purchased these tins at Big Lot for a $1 each. . .which by the way is a steal. My plans were to create mini scrapbook albums for these tins. This was a great opportunity to alter this tin to show as a sample of an altered project.

The tin came as shown in the picture to the left but although it's decorated, I don't like how it looks in it's original design.

This is what I did with the tin. It's not quite complete. My plan is to create an accordion album for my daughter and it'll be stored inside the tin. I did line the inside with designer paper and I painted the outside bottom of the tin using acrylic paint similar to the color of the designer paper. I had to paint it because the original color of the tin is yellow and it did not match the designer paper.

When I'm done with the accordion album, I'll post the completed project. In the meantime for the purpose of this week's challenge, I wanted to post what I did with the tin itself.

I Modge-Podged the front using a designer paper by Autumn Leaves. I then applied Modge-Podge over the designer paper and let it dry. Once dry, I decorated the front using another designer paper by Autumn Leaves, created the scalloped design using SU "Slit" punch and added dots using Sakura Souffle Gel Pen then punched holes. The "A" chipboard is by K&Co, the glittery floral chipboard is again by K& Co. The ribbon is by American Craft Elements and my daughter's name was cut by my Craft-Robo.




If interested in this week's TIC Day #7 - Altered Art - Anything But A Card, Click Here for the Details!!

These candles were on sale at Michaels for 75 cents! Yes, 75 cents. I bought 4 of them. I thought it was a great buy especially for this week's challenge. I think candles are great gift ideas and they are so easy to personalize. Who doesn't love candles especially the ones that give off a nice scent?






Here is the candle that I altered by adding a cover. The candle was actually warped at the bottom because I left it in my car and it melted a little. I had to carve the bottom so it would stand straight. Do not leave candles in your car especially if the temperature outside is 100 degrees. Haha! Too funny. I forgot I had left it in the car.

I wrapped scrapbook paper around the candle and modge podged the paper. I cut out flowers off of the remaining scrapbook paper and pasted it on to a mat that was glued on to the cover. I cut a few flowers and layered them to give it a 3D effect and topped it off with a rhinestone. The sentiments are from Provo craft clear sentiment stickers. To finish up the candle cover, I added a grosgrain bow.

4 comments:

Tracy.H said...

Beautiful! :0)

Zoe said...

I saw those tins a Big Lots. Thanks for showing me how pretty they can look after being altered. I'll have to go back a buy some!!! Love all you work, you are such an artist.

Anonymous said...

How cute! You are so creative!!!q

Risa said...

I love the tin and the candle and look at those prices!!!!!!
Anyhow I did make a post for the Altered Art Project, after looking at Monica's I feel ashamed but it is my first altered project though. (It looks "cheesy" now) lol...oh well
BTW,I like that song too!...it does lift your spirits abit:)