This blog site focuses on cards and projects utilizing materials and tools from various scrapbooking and paper craft companies.
If you are interested in cards and projects made with rubber stamps from various companies, please check out my other blog site "Stampin' Inspirations".


Come and join the Christmas Group Site on Paper Craft Planet
Click on the banner below


Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Random Cards

Good Evening Everyone! Well. . . I actually sat down and made two cards this evening. I really wish I could have more time to stamp but as much as I thought I would have more time when the kids return to school, well. . .it really isn't happening that way. BUT. . .I did find time this evening. I feel really tired today and I think I'm ready to go to bed.

You can't really tell but the image and the whole focal point were heat embossed with clear embossing powder. In person it looks "shiny" looking. I stamped the image with pigment ink and sponged the area around the image with various colored pigment inks then applied the clear embossing powder and heat embossed it. I haven't heat embossed my images for such a long time. I guess it's due to time constraints more than anything else. It's an added step but in my opinion, well worth it.





Card Details:


Stamps: Rubber Stampede Daisy Stem and Solidogo Sprig
Ink: Colorbox pigment ink
Paper: DCWV Glitter Designer Paper, SU Lavender Lace, Garden Green, Orchid Opulence, Bashful Blue
Accessories: SU Slit Punch, Sakura Souffle Gel Pen, Making Memories Eyelets, Organdy ribbon, 1" and 1 1/4" circle punch, Making Memories Prima Flowers, Stickler Glitter








Just a simple card I made. I just realized that my pierced dots are not straight. It's funny how you see things a lot clearer in picture. Thought this was a cute image for a friendship card. You can't see the sentiment but it says "Girl Friends". The ribbon actually came with the fabric sentiment tag. I just happen to come across it in my ribbon pile and thought it was perfect for my card.









Card Details:


Stamp: Inkadinkado Me and My Big Ideas Series
Ink: Prismacolor Pencils with Gamsol
Paper: Autumn Leaves Designer Paper, SU Rose Red, Green Galore
Accessories: Colorbok ribbon, Jolees Boutique flower stickers, 1" and 1 1/4" circle punch, JoAnn brad, Making Memories heart chipboard, Crafters Tool Kit (paper piercer), Fiskar "Cloud" Scissors

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love these - I especially like the friendship card. The colors are so great! Thanks for sharing all your wonderful sketches!

pescbrico said...

Thanks for putting your sketch up there for us to see and use. Your cards are great!

Rita said...

Love these cards. The girlfriends card is just so cute! I love your card designs & as a newbie I really appreciate the sketches you include, it helps a lot. Thank you!

www.ritaslittlecorner.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Nice cards... love the flowery one... great colors and the lay-out is just super... wish I could come up with lay-outs like you do. :o) TFS!

Risa said...

I love your new banner Maria!!!!
and...you know I love your cards too!!! The girlfriend card made me smile because I just love those stamps and you made it look so cute!!!

Alhambra Club said...

These are great, love the kids, what a great card that is.

Deb said...

Love your cards, this is a great sketch, I will definitely be trying it out!

Andrea, said...

Just been looking through your blog, you have made some fantastic cards. I love the 2 girls.

Dana said...

I've been jotting down your sketchs for weeks now nd am planning on trying them ALL this weekend! I'm excited and pumped.
Your sketches rock Maria!

Fe-Fe said...

You make such beautiful cards Maria with such lovely colour combinations. I am in awe.

kathy said...

I just love these cards. You are just so talented. To bad you cant send some my way..

Angel said...

I LOVE this card!!!