This blog site focuses on cards and projects utilizing materials and tools from various scrapbooking and paper craft companies.
If you are interested in cards and projects made with rubber stamps from various companies, please check out my other blog site "Stampin' Inspirations".


Come and join the Christmas Group Site on Paper Craft Planet
Click on the banner below


Saturday, May 24, 2008

Card and Purse Template

Hi Everyone! Sheesh, I haven't posted for a few days because my allergies have been driving me crazy. I can't even tell if I have allergies or a cold. . .they feel the same to me. It's really hard to craft when everything feels fuzzy. Argggh!

Anyway. . .I feel better today so I decided to make something. On Wednesday, it was my son's Senior Awards night and he was recognized along with other students for their effort in community service. Wow, the kids are sooooooo impressive. Throughout my kid's high school years, we emphasized the importance of community service and you know, as much as they give back to the community, they tell me that they feel really good about doing what they do and that is what is important.

My son is pictured with my daughter's best friend who is graduating this year. My daughter is still a junior but her friend will be leaving for UC Berkely in the fall. Wow, she is quite an impressive girl. She received several awards on Wednesday. She complimented my daughter in that she encouraged my daughter to achieve academic excellence and my daughter complimented her by encouraging her to participate in community service. What a fabulous combination, don't you think?


Anyway, I decided to make a card and a small goody bag to give to my daughter's best friend. It'll be a little sad for my daughter because both her brother and her best friend will be in college while she will still be in high school. I hope she'll cope and find a friend that will be as good as her best friend (I don't want to say her name because well, I didn't obtain permission to post her picture).

I know the card and purse is a bit busy but teenagers like bright funky colors anyway.

Here is the card. . .it's sort of hodge-podge but I thought it was a fun combination of colors. The designer paper is a scrap piece that I used to inspire all the colors of my card.

The paper is by K&CO. The ribbon is by Basic Grey and flowers are by Dejaview. The stamped background is a stamp from Heidi Grace and the sentiment is by K&Co.











Here is the mini purse that I stuffed with candy. Just a small goody bad. Teens love chocolate so I thought it was appropriate to stuff it with candy. LOL!

Here is a close up of the Prima flowers that I layered. I love layering embellishments. . .they look better in my opinion when they are layered and dressed up a bit.



This is the original template. I saved the template on to my computer but then I forgot to note the website that I got it from.

The template is by Kathleen McKinney but I can't remember if I got it from a blog site or a website. If you know Kathleen McKinney's site's address, can someone send me the link so I can add her site's link.

If you decide to use this template, when you print it. . .it may be a little large so you will need to set your printer to the setting "fit to page" or "copy" the image and paste it on to your publishing program and modify the size.

Template tip:

When you see a template online and you want to print the template directly on to your cardstock, a way to remove the lines and markings is to save the template on your computer, open up your "Paint" program and "erase" the lines and markings then save it as a jpeg or bitmap file.,


Here is the template without all the marking so you can print it directly on to your designer paper or cardstock so you don't have to cut it out and trace it. It's much easier and faster to print it directly on to your cardstock.

You then use the original template as a reference to score and fold the purse.

Click on the image and it will enlarge. It may look REALLY large but when you print it will adjust automatically and print to fit on a 8 1/2 x 11" cardstock. If it doesn't adjust and print on to an 8 1/2 x 11" cardstock, you may need to set your printer to "fit to page". The final size of the purse is approximately 3 1/4" squared.

Try it out!!

Hope y'all have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend.






13 comments:

Ila said...

The card and mini purse are Both Gorgeous!! I bet she'll love it!!

What a handsome fella your son is. It is so wonderful that both of your children are so kind and giving. You have every right to be proud!!

Take care..Hope those allergies are better soon!!

Anonymous said...

What a darling picture of your son and your daughter's friend.

Thank you so much for the purse template! I have wanted to try making a purse like this for awhile now. My best friend's birthday is coming up in June and if it turns out nice enough, she will be getting that as part of her gift.

Thanks so much for all of your cards that you post for us to see. I enjoy them so much.

Joan
Maple Grove, MN.

Teri said...

Hi Maria! Congrats to your son on his graduation! It's great to see kids today volunteer and do community service. My son does community service too, it keeps them in check. Great card and purse, she will love both!! TFS!

Maria said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maria said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CreativeMish said...

http://w3.gorge.net/kathleen/

This might be the site you're looking for. Great card and purse! I'm sure she will love it!

Risa said...

I'm so happy for your son Maria, I love to see kids doing positive things with their life.
Your card and purse are beautiful, in fact the mini purse looks almost real!!!
You are a sweet heart and I hope you feel better soon.
hugs
malieta:)

Rita said...

Wow fabulous card & fantastic purse, she's going to luv it!

What a great reflextion on you & hubby, you both did a great job in raising two wonderful loving & caring people. I'm sure that they are proud of you their parents as well!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Maria! You are just TOO good. What a great way to take out the lines. (Now I have to get photoshop, lol) Thanks for the incredible inspiration as usual, :0) mel P.S. I still have a little package that wants to go live at your house, but Charles n I are both lookin for work, so we're broke. Maybe by Christmas, lol ;0) Have a great week!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Look at how proud they are. Beaming from ear to ear. Congratulations on raising such successful children. Like you, I pushed community service and it paid off. Sarah is in her fifth year of studies and had several interviews before she graduated and I'm sure it is because of all her community work from elementary right through to university years. She started an Amnesty International group in university. She is now working for Save The Children and will spend a week in Africa in Dec. Save the Children is one of Oprah's angel groups. The story of Save The Children is on Oprah today. Now onto your card and gift holder. Awesome, as always. Thanks for the templates. I'll have to give it a go.

Rita said...

Maria what do the dots on the template mean? Is it for a slit on the sides of the box & also the dots on the tabs on both ends (sides?)? I know that the 2 bigger ones on top of flap are to punch holes for ribbon. Thanks

Luciana said...

They are both wonderful! Thanks for the template.

Leah said...

Hi Maria, Gorgeous card and box. Here is the link to the original template source: http://w3.gorge.net/kathleen/