This blog site focuses on cards and projects utilizing materials and tools from various scrapbooking and paper craft companies.
If you are interested in cards and projects made with rubber stamps from various companies, please check out my other blog site "Stampin' Inspirations".


Come and join the Christmas Group Site on Paper Craft Planet
Click on the banner below


Monday, July 07, 2008

Cousins Scrapbook Layout


Hi Everyone! I am proud to say that I made 2 layouts in one day! Yay! Check my other layout on my previous post. Why am I proud of it? Typically, I do 2 layouts a MONTH, therefore, creating 2 layouts in a day is quite an accomplishment! LOL!

Here is a little info on my scrapbook layout. . . .it was a little time consuming to create this layout because with all the scrapbook papers and cardstock I had, I could not find a red scrapbook paper or cardstock that had a similar tone. It would be either too orange, too pink, too burgundy. . .I am sadly lacking in red papers.

Well, after digging through a ton of scrapbook papers, I finally found 2 that were similar in tone. Actually, the red/white polka-dot band going across my layout came from a cardboard package. It was the backing of a package of scrapbook embellishments I had purchased. It matched my scrapbook papers really nicely. Hey. . .you gotta improvise! LOL! If it works, hey. . .why not!

The pictures are of my daughter and her cousin Melissa when they were little. They were best buddies back then and very close. They did everything together. Sadly, as they grew up and attended different middle school and high school, they barely talked to one another unless we got together for a family gathering. It was sort of awkward for them because we sort of expected them to be close but they were polar opposites in personality and interest. The picture is of the fun times they once had together.

Layout details:

Papers: Unknown
Accessories: Making Memories felt flower, paper flower, super large brad, buttons, and chipboard alphas, SU My Way Punch, EK Success Circle Cutter

5 comments:

Little C's Creations said...

I love this layout, Maria!! I am really into the layouts with circles, I dunno, maybe cause it takes up a lot of space, and I feel like I'm using the entire page? Well, love what you did with it - great page for memories!!!

hugs,
Jen

Risa said...

Very cute layout Maria! I love the striped and polka-dot papers and the tiny buttons are the cutest!

Teri said...

I love this LO Maria!! Your LO's inspire me to scrap! I already did my creation for Jen's challenge using your sketch...can't wait to show it off! Doesn't it feel good to get the scrapping done? Even though your daughter is grown up now, so cute to reminisce when you see the old photos yeah?

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Love how you used packaging. You're the ultimate! Sweet page. Love the accents especially those arrows! Cute! :0)

Rita said...

Great layout Maria! Those pictures are so cute, luv how the arrows point to the girls & the buttons give it a nice added touch.