This blog site focuses on cards and projects utilizing materials and tools from various scrapbooking and paper craft companies.
If you are interested in cards and projects made with rubber stamps from various companies, please check out my other blog site "Stampin' Inspirations".


Come and join the Christmas Group Site on Paper Craft Planet
Click on the banner below


Thursday, October 02, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving Card

Hi Everyone!! I'm sorry I've been MIA for the past week! I've been busy preparing kits for my Stampin Club and getting them mailed out so I had to take a creative break. Well, I'm back!! I'm still working on Thanksgiving and holiday cards.

I bought a package of K&Co Fall die cuts and I'm just trying to use them up or at least reduce them. To help in the process, I made a card using the cornucopia die cut. Nothing much else to the card.

I'm thinking starting the beginning of the new year that I'm going to reduce my blogging time. I spend more time blogging than I do creating! LOL! There's so many things I want to do and create but time seem to be so limited. I try to squeeze as much of my "free" time to craft but for some reason, this time seem to be getting shorter and shorter.
I also want to concentrate on losing weight. Sitting down blogging and crafting well, is very sedentary and I think contributes to my inability to lose weight. I want to lose at least 20 pounds. Arggh!! I've been trying to lose this 20 pounds for years and can't seem to do it.
Anyway, back to my card. . .the picture to the right is a double ribbon bow. I just took two ribbons and created the bow together like one big bow.



This brad is from the Target $1 bin. I think it's such a cute brad and perfect for this Thanksgiving card. It's amazing what you can find in the $1 bins. You just gotta dig through them.
Anyway, I'll work on another holiday card. Maybe Halloween. . .
Hope y'all have a fabulous day!!
Card Details:
Papers: SU Really Rust, More Mustard, Deja View designer paper
Accessories: Photo corner punch, Target brad, K&Co Thankgsiving die cuts, SU 1/4 Pumpkin Pie Grosgrain ribbon, Organdy ribbon

5 comments:

Tonniece said...

oh I like that that corner punch, brad and ribbon and............ well I like the whole darn card.

Elena said...

Maria, you can do amazing things with everything! I love the card with the die-cut! Love the paper colors and the sponging along the edges. The acorn brad is so very cute! Wow! In the dollar bin! Real treasure! I am also trying to lose some weight... Hope all your plans will come true...

Ila said...

Your card is Gorgeous!! I love the colors and that corner treatment is Fabulous!!
I know what you mean....It's very hard to be active and crafty sitting at the computer...I have to make more time for exercise...ect as well.

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

This is gorgeous. I love the style of that cornucopia so vibrant! What a perfect brad. Makes me want to go dig in the dollar bin right now! :O)

Risa said...

Maria your card is so pretty!!! The vibrant Fall colors are very lovely and I love your decorative ribbon!