This blog site focuses on cards and projects utilizing materials and tools from various scrapbooking and paper craft companies.
If you are interested in cards and projects made with rubber stamps from various companies, please check out my other blog site "Stampin' Inspirations".


Come and join the Christmas Group Site on Paper Craft Planet
Click on the banner below


Friday, November 07, 2008

CASE'd My Own Card Again

Happy Friday, Everyone! It's been several days since I last posted. . . .gosh, time flies so quickly. Is it because I'm having fun or that I'm getting older? I wonder. . .does time fly faster when you're older? When I was in my 20s or even younger, I don't recall time flying this quickly. I'm sure I was having fun back then but I always remember wishing that Friday would come quicker. Now, I wish it was still Monday. Funny, how that works, huh!



Remember on my last post, I said that I CASE'd 2 cards because a customer wanted me to recreate cards I made and posted a long, long time ago! Like I said, I don't typically duplicate cards because usually I don't have a bulk of similar papers and embellishments. So In this case, I had to do a few modifications to my original card. My original card is the first card at the top.


This card to the right is the CASE'd card. As you can see, the paper and few of the embellishments are different but the basic layout and design is the same.

I couldn't find the stamp that I used for the first card so I had to use a different sentiment stamp. I dug through a pile of sentiment stamps and could not find the stamp that I used for my original card.

That's another reason why I don't like to duplicate my cards. . .many times, in order to create the same card, I have to dig through all my stuff to look for the original materials that I used. It's a pain in the you know what to do that so argggh! I'm not the most organized individual, therefore, it takes longer to recreate a card than it is to randomly make a card. If you know what I mean. . .

Anyway, I hope y'all have a fabulous Friday. I hope today will be a productive one! I haven't been very productive lately.
Until next time!!






Card Details:

Stamp: Michaels $1 stamp
Paper: DCWV Fall Stack, Beige, Green, Burgundy cardstock (unknown)
Accessories: Cuttlebug die (flowers), Jolee's By You, Scallop ruler (unknown), Making Memories Eyelets, Organdy Ribbon





13 comments:

Elena said...

Maria! I love both of your cards! What I like about handmade cards that they can never be the same!!! That is great! That is what make them special! Because there is only one of a kind!

Rita said...

So pretty & I luv that sketch!

CreativeMish said...

Very cute. the template is awesome

Cindy Haffner said...

Lovew it girl, you did an awesome job casing yourself. Hee hee

Cindy Haffner said...

Lovew it girl, you did an awesome job casing yourself. Hee hee

Mrs. Nancy G said...

Maria, your cards are so amazing whether you case yourself or not!

LOVE THEM ALL!!!

:-)

Fe-Fe said...

Beautiful cards Maria. I love your flowers. A great sketch too.

Hugs
Fe x

Laurie Hines said...

Love this one! I am partial to cards with flowers though!

2 Worlds said...

I think you did a great job, they look very similar.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Great cards Maria! Love the colors on both. I like to CASE myself now and then... TFS!

Risa said...

Both cards are really very pretty Maria! Great job "CASing yourself"...I think CASing yourself is harder that CASing someone else! TFS:)

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Stunning! I'd case myself with this if it were mine too. I can see why your customer loved it. Gorgeous! It's great that they're both unique too. :O)

SCRAPCRAZY said...

I so Love the just because card. Really awsome job. Please give details on your flowers. What kind of string did you use?