This blog site focuses on cards and projects utilizing materials and tools from various scrapbooking and paper craft companies.
If you are interested in cards and projects made with rubber stamps from various companies, please check out my other blog site "Stampin' Inspirations".


Come and join the Christmas Group Site on Paper Craft Planet
Click on the banner below


Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge # 9 - The Sound of Music

Hi Everyone! Whoohoo! I created a card for Sankari and Brooke's Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge #9 - The Sound of Music!! I've been wanting to play since they started their challenge blog! Well, I finally stuck to the plan and created this card. Sankari will be proud of me! LOL!

I posted my card on this blog site rather on Stampin Inspirations because there is absolutely no rubber stamping on this card. I had computer generated the sentiment and the dresses are scrapbook embellishments by Jolee's by You.

This week's challenge is to create a card based on the movie "The Sound of Music". Oooh, one of my favorite movies. I don't like to watch a movie more than once but "The Sound of Music" is an exception. I think I've watched this movie at least once every year since I first saw it as a child. Really! I guess because well, it's one of those movies that is shown on TV every year and we also have the DVD.

Although I love all the songs in the movie, one of my favorite is "So Long, Farewell" so my sentiment on my card is based on that song. It has sad undertone to the song but there's a sense of innocence to it from a child's point of view. I also love the song "Edelweiss". . .both sad but beautiful songs.

I created this card with the dresses because I really loved the pretty dresses that Maria and the girls wore and the dresses on my card reminded me of them. I wanted the card to be somewhat elegant so I kept the design colors at a minimal.

I would have preferred a different colored dress or color combo but these dress embellishments were the only ones I had.


Anyway. . .be sure to stop by and check out the challenges! They are really fun!!

Card Details:

Papers: SU Lovely Lilac (I think), Orchid Opulence, Glossy White Cardstock
Accessories; Jolee's By You scrapbook embellishments, Satin ribbon, Silver Metallic Cord, Blue Moon metal charm, SU Ticket Corner Punch, CB embossing folders





10 comments:

Ann said...

Ohhhh, this is so pretty! Love those little dresses! I used this song as my inspiration, too... :D

Karen W said...

Oh my this is gorgeous, I can't wait to try and case this. Thanks so much for the ideas!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Maria! How pretty! I really like what you did with this challenge.

Kathryn said...

OH -- I love this card so much -- those little dresses are so pretty and I adore the color !! GORGEOUS! :)

Cassie said...

This is so pretty! I love the colors.

Rita said...

Wow, you totally amaze me girl! This card knocked me off my chair, it's gorgeous!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

SO sweet. Love the soft colours and the texture ('cept now I have that song in my head, LOL. LOVE the Sound of Music) :O)

Brooke S said...

How beautiful! I love that you choose that song... It's so fun to see where other get their inspiration.. I love the purple... The dresses are so Adorable.... So glad you found time to play along with us... How lucky are we...
Hugs
Brooke

Sankari W. said...

Dearest Maria,

I am sooooo happy that you played along!!! YAY!!! Your card is just sooo lovely - and elegant! The dresses add such a beautiful and lovely feel for the card and the way you did the ribbon and the embellishment on the ribbon is fantastic!!! Love that Blue Moon Metal Charm - it adds such a sweet touch! Your layout is beautiful as are the monochromatic color scheme!! totally lovely!

I was so psyched to see your name - you are just awesome! I was trying to get to the post office but coudln't make it there on thurs or friday - hopefully can finally make it there on monday to send a little wee card your way :) Hope that you and your family are doing great! Things here are good - just super super busy - my parents arrived on weds. and so i have been working extra on thurs and fri and then tomorrow (sunday) is my son's birthday (i still have to get his bday present - i am soooo far behind - yikes!) so its been good -but just a whirlwind! how are you and your kids and DH? Sending you lots of love and big hugs!!!

Thank you so much for playing along in these weekly challenges - its really been fun to create this blog challenge and its been so awesome to see everyone's beautiful creations! I am soooo sooo happy that you had a chance to play along!! YAY!!! I hope you had fun!!!

Your card is just beautiful Maria!
Big love and hugs!
Sankari :)

Lisa Olson said...

Absolutely stunning Maria, I love what you have created her its very Hollywood.
Thanks for sharing.
Lisa
XX